Here’s the 4.2.1b2 build of Default Folder X:
The new menu preview feature now has an on / off switch in the preferences window, and due to popular demand the small sized previews have increased to 192 x 192 (instead of 128 x 128). The zoom-when-you-pause feature now works reliably on all systems, and this build works correctly under Mac OS 10.4. Please download it and give it a spin!
Send any bug reports, impressions, and feature requests to email@example.com. Here’s the full 4.2.1 change history from the ReadMe:
- Default Folder X now gives you file previews in its menus. As you mouse through Default Folder X’s hierarchical menus from the menu bar, you’ll see a preview of the file that’s highlighted in the menu. Hover there for a couple of seconds and the preview will enlarge.
- In Open and Save As dialogs, Default Folder X now puts a “Computer” item at the top of the folder hierarchy in the path menu.
- New Spotlight tags were sometimes not written out to the shared OpenMeta recent tag list. This has been fixed.
- Spotlight tag completion now ignores differences in diacritical marks.
- Added support for Fluid site-specific browsers when they’re running as menu extras.
- Previews now correctly follow aliases so that a preview of the original file is shown when you select an alias in an Open dialog.
- When two folders with the same name are in a menu, the menu items for them will now include the name of the parent folders that uniquely identify those folders (Default Folder X used to just show their immediate parent folders, but sometimes those had the same names too).
- Fixed an AppleScript problem that would cause Preview to print a PDF file over and over again if you selected a the file in the Finder and chose Print from the File menu.
- Changed the rebound feature so that filenames with a ‘:’ character are recognized correctly in Cocoa applications.
- Corrected a problem that would result in Default Folder X not loading in multiple running applications that had the same creator signature (when running both Photoshop CS3 and CS4 at the same time, for instance).
- Default Folder X was saving empty Finder comments, resulting in Spotlight attaching empty com.apple.metadata:kMDItemFinderComment attributes to some files. This has been fixed.
- Fixed compatibility problems with python-based applications that use appscript.
- Added support for 64-bit PowerPC applications to the scripting addition.
- Corrected inconsistent rebound behavior on network server drives.
- Fixed the Extras/DFX script so it doesn’t show a busy cursor when it pops up the Default Folder X menu.