Default Folder X 4.4.9 is available, providing a couple of new features and an important bug-fix as well.
First the unpleasant stuff: A bug in previous versions of Default Folder X could cause crashes in other applications if they asked OS X to open an http URL using particular APIs. This caused Karelia’s Sandvox to crash, among others. This is fixed in version 4.4.9, so get the update – really.
On to lighter things: A nice little feature that numerous people have requested. Until now, there’s been no easy way to add a folder to your Default Folder X Favorites directly from the Finder. Now there is – a contextual menu in the Finder:
Here’s how you get it:
- Install version Default Folder X 4.4.9.
- Run System Preferences and click on Keyboard.
- Select the Keyboard Shortcuts tab in your Keyboard preferences, then click on Services in the left hand list.
- In the right hand list, locate the Files and Folders section and find Add to Default Folder X Favorites. Turn on the checkbox next to it.
- Quit System Preferences
- Now, whenever you select a folder in the Finder, you can right-click (or control click) on a folder and add it to your Default Folder X favorites.