Default Folder X can automatically add buttons to the toolbar in all Finder windows so that you can quickly get to its menus or drawer. I’ve had a number of inquiries from folks that use Path Finder as a replacement for the Finder, and they want those same buttons in their Path Finder toolbars.
Unfortunately, Default Folder X can’t automate this, so you’ll need to add the buttons manually. Here’s how to do it in Path Finder 9:
- Locate the Default Folder X application in your Applications folder and Control-click on it. Choose “Show Package Contents” from the menu.
- When the window shows the contents of the Default Folder X application, double-click on the Contents folder, and then within that double-click on the Resources folder.
- Control-click on Path Finder’s toolbar and choose “Add Custom Items…”
- Use Default Folder X’s Finder-click feature to go to the Resources folder you just opened in the second step.
- Choose the “DFX” application to add to Path Finder’s toolbar.
- Repeat the “Add Custom Items…” command and add the “DFX Drawer” application as well.