June 18, 2021
App Tamer 2.6.3 reduces its CPU usage and corrects several issues.
This version is a free update for App Tamer 2 users. Please note that
if you still have App Tamer 1.x, this is a $7.95 paid upgrade if
you purchased version 1.x before July 1, 2013.
What's new in version 2.6.3
- Corrected an issue that could cause App Tamer to use excessive CPU, while also adding optimizations to further reduce CPU usage.
- Thread priorities have been set so that some tasks in App Tamer's helper application can be run on the low-power CPU cores on Apple Silicon-powered Macs.
- Additional system processes have been marked "essential" and cannot be stopped with App Tamer. They are trustd, secinitd, lsd, keyboardservicesd, corestoraged and apfsd.
- The maximum CPU limit for an app is now determined by the number of CPU cores in your Mac, not fixed at 800%.
- Fixed a problem that could leave applications running at a slower speed after quitting App Tamer.
- Corrected an issue that could prevent App Tamer from slowing down Amazon Photos.
- Added a warning about slowing down coreaudiod.