April 6, 2021
App Tamer 2.6.2 corrects a few critical user interface issues and offers a workaround for an uncommon system problem.
This version is a free update for App Tamer 2 users. Please note that
if you still have App Tamer 1.x, this is a $7.95 paid upgrade if
you purchased version 1.x before July 1, 2013.
What's new in version 2.6.2
- Fixed a performance issue that could cause App Tamer itself to use more CPU than it should.
- The default window size for App Tamer's window has been restored so it's the correct size at first launch.
- Resize cursors will correctly appear when you hover over the edges of App Tamer's window, showing that it can be resized.
- A bug was fixed that could result in App Tamer’s process list showing truncated names for apps and processes, or no names at all.
- App Tamer now shows the Spotlight Engine process in the Highest CPU Processes list, rather than hiding it as an "essential system process".
- There's a new, experimental feature that can be used to kill specific processes if they periodically “run away” (they suddenly start using crazy amounts of CPU time). See https://www.stclairsoft.com/blog/2021/04/06/app-tamer-2-6-2-quick-ui-fixes-and-an-experimental-assassin-for-runaway-processes/ for details.