March 1, 2017
App Tamer 2.3.1 corrects several issues and improves Spotify support.
This version is a free update for App Tamer 2 users. Please note that
if you still have App Tamer 1.x, this is a $7.95 paid upgrade if
you purchased version 1.x before July 1, 2013.
What's new in App Tamer 2.3.1
- If Spotify is playing music in the background, App Tamer will no longer stop or slow it down.
- Corrected a logic error that prevented App Tamer from correctly slowing apps that have lots of helper processes (such as Spotlight and Google Chrome).
- When Chrome and Spotlight are slowed by App Tamer, their CPU usage is now more steady.
- Fixed several small memory leaks.
Recent changes in version 2.3
- New "Detection" feature that alerts you when an application or background process starts consuming excessive CPU time.
- Updated user interface that's consistent with the look of El Capitan and Sierra.
- App Tamer will no longer stop iTunes when iTunes is ripping a CD.
- When it launches, App Tamer now automatically quits any other copies that are running.
- All Spotlight indexing processes (and their aggregate CPU usage) are now displayed as a single task.
- Fixed a bug where App Tamer considered the frontmost app "in the background" when you clicked on App Tamer's icon in the menubar.
- Eliminated a crash that could occur when macOS supplies incomplete process information to App Tamer.
- App Tamer will never stop VoiceOver.
- Fixed VoiceOver support in the Quick Start windows.
- App Tamer now requires macOS 10.8 or higher.