February 8, 2017
App Tamer 2.3 has a new look, and now automatically detects CPU-hogging apps and macOS processes.
This version is a free update for App Tamer 2 users. Please note that
if you still have App Tamer 1.x, this is a $7.95 paid upgrade if
you purchased version 1.x before July 1, 2013.
What's new in App Tamer 2.3
- New "Detection" feature that alerts you when an application or background process starts consuming excessive CPU time.
- Updated user interface that's consistent with the look of El Capitan and Sierra.
- App Tamer will no longer stop iTunes when iTunes is ripping a CD.
- When it launches, App Tamer now automatically quits any other copies that are running.
- All Spotlight indexing processes (and their aggregate CPU usage) are now displayed as a single task.
- Fixed a bug where App Tamer considered the frontmost app "in the background" when you clicked on App Tamer's icon in the menubar.
- Eliminated a crash that could occur when macOS supplies incomplete process information to App Tamer.
- App Tamer will never stop VoiceOver.
- Fixed VoiceOver support in the Quick Start windows.
- App Tamer now requires macOS 10.8 or higher.
Upgrading from Version 1.x
If you purchased App Tamer on or after July 1, 2013, the upgrade to version 2.3 is FREE.
App Tamer knows when you bought your license, so you just need to download and run version 2. Your existing serial number will continue to work.
If you bought App Tamer before July 1, 2013, the upgrade to version 2.3 is $7.95. You can purchase your upgrade from our online store.
There's a free 15 day demo period so you can download
it and try it for yourself!