Version 2.2b3 delivers these improvements:
- Further improved efficiency on El Capitan and Sierra.
- Fixed a launch-time bug that caused crashes on macOS 10.9.
- Made contextual menus (when clicking on processes in App Tamer) behave consistently.
Earlier beta releases included these changes:
- Corrected a build problem that prevented App Tamer from launching on macOS 10.10 and earlier.
- Resolved a problem with App Tamer hanging at launch time on the beta release of macOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Made App Tamer much more intelligent about stopping and starting helper processes such as Safari Web Content, Safari Networking, Google Chrome Helper, etc.
- Improved App Tamer's efficiency when managing lots of processes.
- Fixed problems with text not fitting correctly when running on French systems.
How to be a beta tester:
In order to beta test, you must have
a stable, predictable machine and be
willing to commit time to work with
us if you discover a bug or conflict.
If you encounter incorrect or confusing
behavior, please try to summarize what
you were doing at the time it happened
and supply that along with a crash
log or screenshot.
Click below to download the public
test version of App Tamer 2.2:
Please note that
App Tamer 2.2b3 is pre-release
software, and as such, may contain
bugs. It has been tested for compatibility
on a number of systems, but has not
been fully qualified and released.
When testing any unreleased software,
you should have a backup copy of any
important files, since a software bug
could cause your Macintosh to crash
and lose valuable data.